SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#252830 - 01/09/09 08:01 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Lee-I have clients in Seymour and Greensburg and go to each location several times a month.

R.

#252831 - 01/09/09 08:10 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
R.
Those locatios are about 2 hours from me.

Bill,
Troy sounds good.
I think so far they have been held at a dealers place (Frank)

I can also check with Sweetwater Sound here in Ft. Wayne. They have Korg, Yamaha, and Roland in stock usually and someone (AJ?) could bring a Ketron. It would be no charge I'm sure.

Lee

#252832 - 01/09/09 08:13 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Dnj Offline

Bill......
congrats on taking the reins on the new MIDWEST jam....

I would say there are no rules & the itinerary is up to you....2-3 days is a nice length to enjoy yourselves......talk to Don Mason, BeBop, Frank Ventersca, as they already have put these Jams together & might be able to give you some ideas. Players can bring their instruments also.
You sound psyched on this & rightly so...I know your going to have a great time.

Good luck

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-09-2009).]

#252833 - 01/09/09 08:30 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
R.
Those locatios are about 2 hours from me.

Bill,
Troy sounds good.
I think so far they have been held at a dealers place (Frank)

I can also check with Sweetwater Sound here in Ft. Wayne. They have Korg, Yamaha, and Roland in stock usually and someone (AJ?) could bring a Ketron. It would be no charge I'm sure.

Lee

If you're talking about AJ Peterson, he's a good guy.

That said, are you wanting to have a Sweetwater rep come down and demo some products? I think attending the event they host in Ft. Wayne would be great fun, not sure if it fits how I see this working.

I'm certainly open to ideas, and hopefully others will share their experiences with us about what worked & what didn't from previous gatherings.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#252834 - 01/09/09 08:32 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Bill......
congrats on taking the reins on the new MIDWEST jam....

I would say there are no rules & the itinerary is up to you....2-3 days is a nice length to enjoy yourselves......talk to Don Mason, BeBop, Frank Ventersca, as they already have put these Jams together & might be able to give you some ideas. Players can bring their instruments also.
You sound psyched on this & rightly so...I know your going to have a great time.

Good luck

How many will be joining you from the North East here in Troy, my friend?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#252835 - 01/09/09 08:42 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Dnj Offline

dates are essentioal Bill....
let us know approx when your thinking of having the Jam. Troy is a pretty straight drive from Trenton NJ.

#252836 - 01/09/09 10:03 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Bill,
No, I meant we could go there, they would provide Yamaha (S900, T3), Korg (PA2XPRO, M3) and Roland (GW8, G70). AJ or Ted could come and bring the Ketons. They could easily provid near field monitors for us. Headphones etc.

There certainly would not be any charge...and they have LOTS of room, lunch daily etc. Hotels within 5 minutes, low end and nice.

AND if anyone wanted to see other music equipment...they have a huge demo room and will get anything out of stock for us to try.

I'm thinking a 2 day event? Fiday/Saturday?
Or even during the week if more folks could come.

Lee

#252837 - 01/09/09 10:13 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Bill in Dayton Offline

Lee-

Sweetwater (Ft. Wayne, IN) is a haul from my area...almost 3 hours. Probably a bit too much time to spend in the car if I'm hosting it here in Troy.

It's great for guys in that area and maybe Cass from Detroit-ville but for guys from Cincy, C-bus, KY, etc. it might not be so appealing.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 01-09-2009).]

#252838 - 01/09/09 10:27 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Dnj Offline

Bill just rent some animal club near you, have it catered & have fun jammin'!

#252839 - 01/09/09 03:01 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
gcbin Offline

Loc: Huntington, Indiana USA
I would like to try and attend if possible. It would be a pleasure to meet some of you folks. I have only posted a couple of times, but am probably the most dedicated lurker on here, and have been for years. Bill, it would be a pleasure to meet you. I play a dozen or so gigs over your way each year. It would be nice to have someone to call on if I ever encounter an emergency and need someone to cover for me (assuming you are free). I know you stay quite busy.
Lee, we live near each other. I am in Huntington, and have played in Fort Wayne alot over the years. It would be nice to meet you as well....Gary

[This message has been edited by gcbin (edited 01-09-2009).]

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online